It’s easy to forget about replacing a dirty furnace air filter. But imagine breathing through a dirty dust mask. Sooner or later it gets difficult to breathe and you overheat. That’s what your furnace-ac experiences.
Five Signs of a Dirty Furnace Air Filter.
- Furnace or ac runs too long or even all the time.
- Poor air flow. You feel very little air blowing from the register.
- Ice forms on piping to your ac. Turn off ac, check filter, run fan a few hours until ice melts. Try ac and call for service.
- Furnace or ac stops for no reason.
- Home does not feel as comfortable as it should.
Effectiveness of various air filter types.
- Fiberglass up to 2%
- Washable/reusable up to 6%
- Thin pleated up to 11%
- Deep pleated up to 25%
- Pleated electrostatic up to 49%
- Electronic up to 94%
- – In removing sub-micron particles from University of Illinois Extension
Federal studies show regular HVAC maintenance helps
- Lower energy use 10-30%
- Reduce breakdowns by 70-75%
- Cut 5-20% off heating repair cost
- Extend equipment life up to 18%
If you notice a dirty furnace or dirty registers call PDM for a top-to-bottom HVAC safety check-up. PDM Plumbing, Heating and Cooling experts have been a trusted Joliet, New Lenox, Plainfield and SW Chicago neighbor for 134 years.
Why Work With PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling?
Our skilled team of plumbing, piping, HVAC experts promises the following with each and every call:
- Guaranteed Pricing: You will never be surprised by an unpleasant bill.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Going beyond to make you happy.
- Environmentally Friendly: We recycle and use sustainable materials.
- Respect: We’re homeowners too, so we will always clean our messes and treat your property with respect.